History

The name is based on a famous English officer (Sir David Ochterlony), who was honoured with the name “NASIR-UD-DAULA” (the Defender of the State), by Mughal Badshah Shah Alam-II. The city is known for its Army population. Many soldiers and officers are posted here every year. Also, this is the second station in Rajputana, after Beawer, where missionary work started in 1860’s during the epidemic of Plague.